What is Blueprint?
BLUEPRINT is a creative development programme for early career Tees Valley artists and creatives who want to hone and improve their skills creating work in film and video.
We’re looking for creatives who want to experiment and play, make the most of the opportunity to make a new short moving-image work, and who can commit to a programme of webinars and workshops that we’ll be running as part of the project.
Blueprint will run from June to December 2021, and will include:
- A £3,000 bursary to deliver a short artist film commission (approx. 3-5min running time).
- A series of workshops and masterclasses covering a range of themes, including artist film practice, fundraising, submitting to festivals and working with community groups.
- Events will be delivered in partnership with MIMA, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, and MIMA School of Art & Design; The Auxiliary, Middlesbrough; Film London Artists’ Moving Image Network (FLAMIN); ARC Stockton.
- A residency studio space at The Auxiliary, Middlesbrough
- The finished film will be publicly presented at MIMA, with work-in-progress showcased at Middlesbrough Art Weekender (MAW).