Our High End TV series invites leading industry speakers to share their experiences and insight, touching upon:
- Job roles and career paths in high end TV drama
- Personal stories – how they progressed, highs and lows, career highlights
- How you can develop your own ideas for scripted television
- Working with producers and commissioners – pitching to the likes of ITV, C4 & Netflix
- Reflections on TV production in the COVID-19 era
#2: Directing TV Drama
For our second event in the series we’re joined by :
- County Durham-born director Jamie Childs, director of TV series including Vera, Doctor Who, and the recent BBC adaptation of Philip Pullman trilogy His Dark Materials
- Newcastle-based director and producer Tina Gharavi, who has worked on TV series including Ackley Bridge and major British-French co-production The Tunnel alongside her BAFTA-nominated feature films. She is currently developing new TV formats through her company Bridge + Tunnel.
We’ll explore the challenges and opportunities for making and working on TV drama in the northeast, as well as looking closer at the various roles – from second unit director, series block director through to ‘showrunner’.
This webinar will be shown via Zoom. Register through Eventbrite here. You will receive an emailed link to the Zoom event 24 hours beforehand.
For more information about this event, contact email@example.com
This event is supported by Northern Film + Media’s Tees Valley ERDF project. Places are free but limited. You must have a Tees Valley base, be over 18yrs and be eligible to access SME support.
Northern Film + Media’s Tees Valley Screen project is funded by the ERDF through Creative Industries Business Support and Development Programme 2014-20, which is bringing over £300m into the North East to support innovation, enterprise and business support across the region. Additional funding support for this project is from Tees Valley Combined Authority and Arts Council England.