Unlock the secrets of film business at this workshop with film financier and producer Patrick Fischer.
Find out how the business side of the independent film industry works from a true insider – from feature film production packaging, securing finance, negotiating distribution and sales deals, and finally breaking down recoupment.
Discussion will be steered by the projects participants bring to the class, but the kind of topics addressed are likely to include:
- Creating your film’s finance strategy and assembling budget and finance plan
- Different models of independent film financing
- Creating a financing strategy that makes the most sense for your film
- The hidden costs of financing
- Creating a viable revenue model: budget vs potential revenue streams
- Assembling your film’s package
- Leveraging the track records of others when you don’t have one
- The value of an Executive Producer
- Creating your pitch and presentation
- Getting in front of financiers
- The sales process
The day will include open-class Project Surgeries, using the Project Outlines of a few selected participants. These will take the form of Marketplace Live-style analyses, with Patrick taking the selected projects through from inception to financing, production, sales and distribution.
Who is this event for?
This event is intended primarily for professional filmmakers, either working on a feature or aspiring to do so. Professional filmmakers will have first refusal on tickets. Any remaining tickets will be released to non-professionals (amateurs, students and others) on 12 March.
For more information and to register please click here.