Northern Film & Media will host a new talent-focused panel featuring representatives from Creative England, The Agency, Lighthouse, and Shooting People in Newcastle on Wednesday 22 August.
The panel, which will be chaired by Caroline Cooper-Charles, senior talent manager, Creative England features Emily Kyriskides, programme producer, Lighthouse, Ian Benson, talent manager, The Agency and Stephanie Walton, communities manager, Shooting People.
The panellists will provide attendees with insights and tips on breaking in to the industry. From developing cross-media film propositions to tapping into film funding networks, the event will provide emerging talent with practical advice on developing their filmmaking careers.
Key topics include:
- Using digital platforms effectively and getting noticed
- Funding opportunities for new filmmakers and understanding the content preferences of publicly funded film commissioners
- Sourcing and securing a talent agent
- Making your film project stand out from the crowd
- Tapping into alternative finance models and digital distribution platforms
The session will be followed by networking drinks in the Toffee Factory courtyard and foyer.
The public event is part of The Digital Bridge – the Northern Film & Media cross-media development programme funded through Creative England’s Film Networks Fund.
Click here to register.