Sessions will be on Thursday 17th November with Maggie Ellis, who heads up the artists' moving image department at Film London. She is responsible for growing and developing this vital and vibrant area of work by overseeing the agency's commissioning of artists' moving image work and talent development. She also explores opportunities to support creative talent in the animation sector.
These informal advisory sessions are aimed at developing a wide-ranging dialogue around your practice. They may involve any or all of the following areas:
- Looking at and discussing your work
- Advice on developing your practice and looking at other works that may be interesting in relation to this
- Advice on exhibition possibilities, appropriate organisations and events to approach
- Advice about promoting your work
- Funding advice
- Production advice
If you are interested in having a project development one-to-one with Maggie please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 3rd November at 12pm (midday):
- a brief description of your work
- why this session would be beneficial to your work
- up to four images of your work
All One-to-One Sessions will be held in The NewBridge Project (12 New Bridge Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AW) in partnership with their Practice Makes Practice programme. Sessions will run between 11am - 4pm.