Sessions will be on 28th September with Steven Bode, Director of Film and Video Umbrella (FVU). In his twenty five years with the organisation, he has worked closely with many of the leading artists in the field of the moving-image, including internationally acclaimed figures such as Gillian Wearing, Jane & Louise Wilson, Mark Leckey and Isaac Julien.
Steven is also one of the prime movers in the Jerwood/FVU awards: an annual initiative for commissioning and supporting young, emerging talents.
These informal advisory sessions are aimed at developing a wide-ranging dialogue around your practice. They may involve any or all of the following areas:
- Looking at and discussing your work
- Advice on developing your practice and looking at other works that may be interesting in relation to this
- Advice on exhibition possibilities, appropriate organisations and events to approach
- Advice about promoting your work
- Funding advice
- Production advice
If you are interested in having a session with Steven please send:
- a brief description of your work
- why this session would be beneficial to your work
- up to four images of your work
to: email@example.com, deadline will be 12pm 14th September for all applications to have a session with Steven.
All One-to-One Sessions will be held in The NewBridge Project in partnership with their Practice Makes Practice programme.