Thinking Digital returns to Sage Gateshead for a 2014 edition in later May.
The final line-up of TDC 2014 has just ben confirmed and features over 30 speakers, including:
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas, Head of Machine Learning, Google
- Jemima Kiss, The Guardian, Head of Technology
- Tom Cheshire, Sky News, Lead Tech Correspondent
- Gerard Grech, Tech City UK, new CEO
- Tony Ageh, BBC (led the team that developed the iPlayer)
- Chi Onwurah MP, Shadow Cabinet Office Minister
- Dale Lane, Project Watson, IBM
- Huw Thomas, Architect, Foster & Partners
- Conrad Bodman, Curator, Barbican
For the full line-up see the TD website
When: Tues 20 May (2.00pm) – Thurs 22 May (10.00pm)
Where: The Sage Gateshead, St Mary's Square, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE8 2JR
Main Hall tickets for the full conference have sold out, but there is still availability for the Live Lounge telecast and 1-day passes for Thursday, 22 May. Click here for more information and to buy tickets.
There are also four sessions which are open free of charge to the wider community:
- Tues, 20 May, 2pm at Campus North: Startup Competition hosted by Paul Smith of Ignite
- Wed, 21 May, 1pm at The Sage: The Apprentice with Bob Paton of Accenture, Rob Earnshaw of Creative North & Steve Brennan of QA Consulting; a discussion on the joys and virtues of apprentices. Brown bag lunch provided.
- Thurs, 22 May, 7.30am at The Sage: a coffee morning with Chi Onwurah MP discussing the Digital Government Review.
- Thurs, 22 May, 1pm at The Sage: join HMRC, Virgin Money and Scott Logic as we examine the North East tech boom and the job opportunities this is presenting. Brown bag lunch provided.
To sign up for any/all please go to the Open to All registration page. Capacity for each of these free sessions is limited to 100.