Social media specialist Tom Ollerton (IAB Social Media Council) will be leading an interactive workshop aimed at the region's arts and creative brands on Friday 15 November.
Intended for arts organisations, galleries, venues, event organisers, festival organisers, publishers and broadcasters, the workshop, run by Northern Film & Media, will give delegates cutting edge practical advice on how to make content work in social, and a real-time opportunity to bounce ideas off a leading expert.
Whether you’re an established player looking for business-critical advantage, a marketing professional who needs the ammo to persuade your boss to take social seriously, or a new start-up figuring things out for the first time, this opportunity to develop your own social media map in the company of a leading expert is one not to miss.
Topics covered will include:
· The evolution and future of social media
· Setting relevant business objectives and understanding metrics
· Audience profiling and live conversation audits
· Unearthing audience insights and motivations
· Identifying ways the brand can add real value to people’s lives
· Understanding social media’s role in the broader marketing mix
· How to decide which platforms to use
· Developing a content strategy and plan
· Developing a strategic tracking and measurement program - what to measure and how?
Delegates will enjoy the legacy benefit of a participatory support network, created by Tom specifically in light of this event.
When: Friday 15 Nov, 2pm – 5pm (registration from 1.45pm)
Where: Toffee Factory, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Ouseburn, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE1 2DF. (For a map and travel info please click here. Please note that the entrance to Toffee Factory is on the Quayside, opposite The Tyne Pub, and not off City Road, opposite Hotel du Vin.)
To register please click here.
Please note that this event is intended for content disseminators rather than content creators. It will therefore not be aimed at or suitable for those working in film or television prodution.
About Tom Ollerton
Describing himself as “a reformed Geordie, ex-folk-singer, stand-up comedian, and lapsed chef” Tom is also a member of the prestigious IAB Social Media Council. During his 15 year career he has worked in a variety of senior marketing and business strategy roles for key agencies including We Are Social, Skive and We are VI.