BALTIC has programmed a series of events to accompany ‘They Used to Call it the Moon’ - an exhibition at BALTIC 39, including film screenings, discussion, performance and a stargazing trip to Kielder Observatory.
- 12 May: Film Screening: Moon + discussion / Tyneside Cinema, 10 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE1 6QG / 6.00pm
- 17 May: The Late Shows / BALTIC 39, 31-39 High Bridge, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE1 1EW / 7.00pm - 11.00pm
- 29 May: Performance: NEED MOISTURE by Kate Liston / BALTIC 39, Newcastle / 6.00pm
- 1 June: Film Double Bill: Nostalgia For The Light and Black Drop / Tyneside Cinema / 13.15
- 8 June: Film Screenings: The Moon On A Stick / Star & Shadow Cinema, Stepney Bank, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE1 2NP / 7.30pm
- 12 June: Field Trip: Stargazing at Kielder Observatory / 6.30pm bus departs from BALTIC, Gateshead Quays, South Shore Road, NE8 3BA
- 19 June: Discussion: Moon Rocks & Space Maps + Sci Fi & Off-World Urbanism / BALTIC 39, Newcastle / 6.00pm
- 24 June / Film Screening: Sepideh / Tyneside Cinema / 6.00pm
- 26 June: Meeting Place: Dr. Peter Edwards & Fiona Crisp / BALTIC 39, Newcastle / 6.30pm
- 27 June: Round Table: Alessandro Vincentelli & Nicola Triscott / BALTIC 39, Newcastle / 2.30pm
- 28 June: Film Screening: Deep State + discussion / Tyneside Cinema, Digital Lounge / 3.00pm
For more on the event programme click here and for more on the exhibition click here. The exhibition runs from 25 Apr – 29 June.